Bitter Bean Artisan Organic Bread Mix allows you to quickly and easily create beautiful, crusty, rustic-style bread. Everything you need is in the pack; just add water, rest and bake – no kneading required. It only takes a few minutes of preparation!
This is a short video of the process:
For the uninitiated, here is a more detailed description of the process:
- Pour the bread mix and the aromatic yeast blend into a big bowl.
- Add 500ml (2 cups) of room temperature water.
- Mix with your hands to form a dough, until there is no loose flour (takes around 2 min). There is no need to knead.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave overnight on the bench at room temperature (10-15 hours).
- In the morning, pre heat the oven (fan forced) to 250°C. Sprinkle a generous amount of flour (around ½ a cup) on the bench, and gently pour the dough onto the flour. The dough will be full of bubbles and very sticky. Try to keep the bubbles and do not press the dough.
- Pull the dough gently to form a square-ish shape, and then roll it gently to bread shape; the length should be around 30-40cm.
- Put the bread gently on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 250°C for 25-40 minutes. The bread is ready when it is golden brown and when you tap on the bottom crust and it sounds hollow.
- Rest on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Share with family and friends.